View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #392
mellamoaaron
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Just a hunch, but I doubt Florio has actually sat down and played Madden ever.

Anyway, I think Madden is a pretty good VIDEO GAME representation of what goes on in the football field, in fact since 2012 they have been improving the game at a pretty rapid pace considering their time constraints. I was a fan of 2K5 and I think it played a pretty good game of football but Madden eclipses it now and has eclipsed it for the past few years. People won't admit it, but the cool thing to do is to hate on Madden and it's a loud minority of people. Madden's sales have went down incrementally as has the whole game industry's, but I'd say the people who are voting with their dollars are saying they are liking what they are offering.

My major qualm with Madden though is that the game needs POLISH. That's something the PS2 era games had that the PS3 era didn't. Up until 2012 Maddens still felt way too rough around the edges and they have been doing a better job at trying to fix legacy issues and make the game feel more complete, but I still think there is room for improvement. 15 looks like it's going to be absolutely amazing and if it improves on 25 which was a very solid game then I will be happy.

Right now I'm higher on Madden 15 than I am on NBA 2K15 after how badly 2K screwed up their game modes on 2K14 and how the passing still is absolute garbage.