View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 07:11 PM   #93
jmurphy31
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Excellent post and very informative. Thanks for posting this.

ONe thing that I found very interesting in your post was that you mention the core audience for sports games has gotten older. With the rising expectation for sports games to get closer and closer to real life, why does it seem that decisions regarding Madden's development over the last decade have seemed to attempt to buck this trend? You see all of the other major franchises really striving to hit the realism mark, and have been doing that for several iterations now, yet Madden is just now starting to strive for a higher level of simulation and realism. Is EA simply chalking this up as a mistake? Would appreciate your opinion on that.
Most data suggests that the average video gamer is roughly 30 years old. Which if you think about it makes sense. I'm 35 and I grew up with Nintendo, Sega, etc. Kids today have so much more to occupy them.

I've been teaching for 15 years and each year less and less kids talk about video games. Years ago when a new game or system came out I would have 15-20 kids out of 120 staying home to play. Now it's about 2-3.

As for sports games. Hardly anyone even talk about them. Maybe Fifa and NBA. Once in awhile Madden.