View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #94
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

@Raczilla -

I understand you having a bias in that situation and I appreciate that honesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACZILLA
I do think that football specifically has some challenges that aren't as apparent in other sports titles. The sport itself is much more complex than something like basketball or hockey. I'm not an expert on either of those sports but I can pick up a controller and play and enjoy those games. With football there are people that do know and love the sport and pick up the controller and can do next to nothing.
This is the one area of your post that kind of rubbed me a little wrong . The reason being is that I am tired of hearing this. The problems most people have with Madden are not necessarily because they are not doing things to really push the envelope, it's that a lot of the things that we are clamoring for were already done in other games. When I see something that someone else was able to do on technology platforms that were far less advanced than we have now, then I see this being thrown out there, it tells me that the people trying to do it now don't know how, or are not capable of doing it. This DOES carry weight with me if what I was asking for was not already apparent in games of the past and was something that no one else had ever done before. In the case of Madden, that is not the case.

Last edited by GiantBlue76; 06-20-2014 at 07:37 PM.