View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #95
RACZILLA
Run After Catch

OVR: 13
Re: Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
@Raczilla -

I understand you having a bias in that situation and I appreciate that honesty.

This is the one area of your post that kind of rubbed me a little wrong . The reason being is that I am tired of hearing this. The problems most people have with Madden are not necessarily because they are not doing things to really push the envelope, it's that a lot of the things that we are clamoring for were already done in other games. When I see something that someone else was able to do on technology platforms that were far less advanced than we have now, then I see this being thrown out there, it tells me that the people trying to do it now don't know how, or are not capable of doing it. This DOES carry weight with me if what I was asking for was not already apparent in games of the past and was something that no one else had ever done before. In the case of Madden, that is not the case.
I think you might be interpreting this differently than I intended. I don't mean it's more complex to develop the game.

What I'm saying is that the sport of football is more complex than those other sports. So it makes it tougher to make a football game as simple and accessible to play than other sports titles. That would go for whoever was making a football game. It just makes balancing the realism vs accessibility part a little tougher IMO. The best football games ever have already done it for sure.

In terms of whether or not something from a past title is possible to implement, I'm not the person to ask. I have no idea how tough it is to get certain things right.

I can tell you that I don't think a player should ever have to care how difficult something is. That's for developers to figure out and make it happen if it's something that's important.
Advertisements - Register to remove