Old 06-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #37
bigbob
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Teddy Bridgewater using Madden 25 to learn playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
That is actually false. While a typical NFL playbook is quite thick, that is due to a good portion of the playbook covering such things as terminology and blocking schemes.

As far as actual plays go Madden has it relatively accurate. Where it is weak is that it is static. A real playbook evolves and changes over the course of a season, sometimes even on a week to week basis.

When it comes to actual passing plays there are a limited number of route combinations a team can use. The truth is that most of the NFL teams are running the same plays. The differences lie in tendencies and personnel groupings.

Your suggestion that a realistic NFL playbook would be too much for a Madden gamer is not true. So long as they understand how to use the concepts and a good understanding of the strategy behind it.
False.

The amount of different route combinations a team can run is by far more than a casual Madden fan can handle.

A casual Madden fan runs roughly 4 plays and that's pushing it.

I assume you don't spend a lot of time around casual players. Anything more than what is in the game now, they'd put it down and never pick it up again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame