Old 06-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #104
vannwolfhawk
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay, Play Call System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
He never said the CPU don't ever do anything the whole time and you know it. He was talking about the broken CPU AI when it comes to punt returns. Something that has been broken in the Madden and NCAA series for EA since 09.

You don't have to look hard for that. Just play the game every year and punt the ball on 4th down. You will see it, EVERYBODY see it. Special teams play has always been the Achilles heel for the Madden and NCAA series.
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't this at least be fixable with player edits? If they took the time to even just redo their own player ratings to work with their own game so many things could end up improved especially giving guys their own identity and separating one another from each other. Im not even sure they realize OR CARE that this is even possible?

2 things I want so badly in this game is for them to completely redo cb/wr interactions as well as special teams. I don't think i'm alone but these 2 things in itself would make for a completely different madden game for me.

With special teams, having the ability to change the game with a single punt return. Special teams is supposed to be exciting. I know a few years ago with kick returns it was overpowered and they put a band aid fix which was fun but a bit ridiculous. I remember playing an online game and it was 56-49 and I had 4 kick returns for td's while my opponent had 3. LOL! But punt returns have never been done well. Especially the CPU AI. It's so frustrating to see Percy Harvin not even try to make a move and create something. All I get to do is set up and prepare for a hit stick on the CPU coming straight ahead it's a fumble 50% of the time.