Old 06-21-2014, 03:47 PM   #45
N51_rob
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Teddy Bridgewater using Madden 25 to learn playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Can't all of this be replicated in Madden pre-snap?

Granted, there are limitations - Madden only allows one player in motion to a different position, and the concept of motion baked into a play is very very limited - but I don't see anything in those descriptions that can't be replicated in Madden, at least on a limited basis.

As to Madden being used as a tool to increase football knowledge - haven't there been academic studies on the matter which indicate a correlation between experience playing Madden and general football knowledge? I don't know how much playing Madden would help a professional, that said; there are too many real-world concepts missing from the game as it currently exists.
It can, but what I was showing was an example of the complexity of an NFL playbook vs that of Madden. There is no way that a professional can use Madden to prepare for an actual game especially when they have access to coaches, coaching and the all important all-22.

Yes, madden has motion in the game and it represents it as best you can. So in that regard madden has motion in.

As far as increasing knowledge about the game, sure it can to a degree, people can learn what all 22 positions are on the field, as I know many people probably don't or didn't know the difference between and offensive guard and offensive tackle. Or why the offensive tackle lines up on the end of the line and the defensive tackle lines up inside. It can also expose people to things like the corner blitz or WR screen, sure than can increase knowledge. But I don't think it increases knowledge at a strategic level IMO.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove