View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #47
moylan1234
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Teddy Bridgewater using Madden 25 to learn playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
As to Madden being used as a tool to increase football knowledge - haven't there been academic studies on the matter which indicate a correlation between experience playing Madden and general football knowledge? I don't know how much playing Madden would help a professional, that said; there are too many real-world concepts missing from the game as it currently exists.
As much as I'm not a fan of the current state of Madden I'd have to agree here because and I'm not saying this proves anything, but I know for a fact that my nephews HS football coach told them all to play Madden in order to increase their overall knowledge of football specifically when it comes to play structure and development. I remember that because I was so blown away that an actual football coach would use Madden for teaching that way, but he did. And this was a guy who came in and turned around their program; got them to championship level started sending players to D1 programs and all of that so it's not like he didn't know what he was doing.