View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 05:34 PM   #48
kehlis

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Teddy Bridgewater using Madden 25 to learn playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
It most certainly does increase knowledge at a strategic level, just not to the extent we would like. Lets be honest, your examples of how it can increase knowledge were a bit condescending.

Madden has realistic passing concepts in the game. Things like smash and hi lo reads. If there is a passing concept in the NFL, it is portrayed in Madden (with the exception of package plays). And lets stop hating on the game for a minute, all things considered the game gets those concepts and what they are designed to do pretty damn well.

Sometimes when I am struggling on offense do you know what I do? I don't consult this board or any Madden strategy site. I more often than not go here: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...t-Cover-3.html
That is just one article and he has several. My point is that if Madden's passing game is good enough for me to consult a actual NFL breakdown then yes, it most certainly can help with strategic knowledge.

Think of how often on this board shortly after release we see threads along the lines of "how do I beat cover 2/3/4/6/man?" That tells you all you need to know as to whether or not the game can teach strategic knowledge.
And before anyone twists my words, it probably will not help Bridgewater any.
And again, to the point of the thread.

Can Bridgewater learn the Vikings playbook from Madden? That's the discussion here.

You're quoting a post that was only made to contest that, nothing more.