View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 11:56 PM   #5008
SmooveBeast
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyld
Ok so I'm creating a new MyCareer to try out the "getting traded to your favorite team" trick. I created a 7'0 270lb nightmare back to basket Center. Full intention of going to the Spurs. So I create my dude and head off to the rookie showcase. I've done this crap so many times it's painful, but I do the cutscenes and I'm giving positive answers. Then a few things I've seen many times start to annoy me more than usual.

1. We win tipoff. Miss. They score. Objective pops up to score 10 points in 1st quarter. Ok so uhh... I know I'm not the best at this game, but I'm not horrible. But how in holy hell am I supposed to get 10 points in the 1Q? 8 minute quarters, I'll be subbed out around 2:00 left, so I got 6 minutes to score 10 points. All the while being wide open and not getting the ball passed to me. I finished the 1Q with 4 points and 4 rebounds. 2 points from an Offensive rebound putback, and 2 from the FT line. Other than getting the rebounds, I think I touched the ball 2 times. So... how's a center supposed to do this?

2. They finally fixed it so the players are actually rookies. No more Lillard and Davis in the Rookie Showcase.

3. I get an objective to get the lead by halftime. Yeah, not gonna happen when your team is horrible. Hard to take over Lebron-style when they don't pass it to you also.

4. 3Q starts. Objective: Go on 6-0 run. They inbound, walk up court and score. Objective Failed. Well damn that was awesome. Again, not too helpful that my team plays zero defense.

5. Jackson Ellis outplayed me. I ended with 12 points, 12 rebounds, 1 block, 1 turnover. He had 16 points, 12 rebounds, 1 block, 2 steals, 0 turnovers. So naturally he gloated after the game. I hate him so much.:\

6. I did my personality test, and did 2 interviews. Jazz and T-Wolves. T-Wolves sounded more fun but i answered both very positively. I get to the draft and am drafted to the T-Wolves. I was drafted before Ellis which surprised me since he did do better than me. Oh well, must be those intangables.:P

Off to start my season now. Hopefully I can do this trick and get to the Spurs before I get bored and stop playing again.
I hope they fixed the glitch where 7'0 mycareer guys can't get boards and blocks.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk