View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 12:42 AM   #114
johnnyg713
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
What has the new team done that you can say, wow, nailed it, couldn't have been done better,etc? Nothing IMO. Everything they have done feels like patching for the year go by. Even the "physics tackling", their biggest addition, looks like it's gone back closer to how it was before IMO, with more canned animations, and less physic type tackling.

This new team hasn't looked much different to me. Everything still looks rushed, unfinished, with lack of polish. Nothing they have done makes me say, wow, that's the best we ever seen. With the exception of maybe standing still graphics I guess, and that is only when judged against a 2008, and 2005 football game. Woopty doo.
With all the E3 hype dying down now, I will say emotions have ran a little high around here. There are many who come to the forums with very negative posts and no matter what is shown will hate what they see. This is not directed towards anyone, just a sense of what I got. To try and give a different perspective, I may have been a little over positive with the game...

Having said that. I find the running game is extremely well done. I'm not talking animations. Just talking gameplay wise in general. OL/DL play is fantastic in the run game and the logic is definitely there IMO. I find running the ball really fun and it is by far the best part of the game for me.

Everyone said they needed to address defense this year which they have. If they can hit on the things they've added (pass rush, coverage logic, tackling) like they hit on the running game, I think this would be a huge success. Again not talking animations, just logic and how it all plays.

This leaves the passing game for next year.

So a break down of this 3 year plan (major phases of the game. And yes major phase is debatable):
Running game (check)
Defense (hopefully check)
Passing game (next year assuming)

They must work on animations obviously, but when it comes down to how the game plays and feels, I think they are closer than what many people give credit for. It may not look great animation wise yet but I certainly think the game will be damn fun to play this year. Strictly gameplay wise they can "nail it" next year in all 3 phases.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-23-2014 at 12:57 AM.