View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #37
Branchurian
Rookie

Branchurian's Arena

OVR: 0
Still I need something that "simulates" the thing they are emulating, when I say that the gameplay should be close to what event we are trying to play & furthermore, the strategies of the game most incorporate the real life strategies of the game. In EA supposed football games, their is no differentiating teams, everybody has the same generic animations (WR down to the OL), their is no variety at all. No clear team Identity for anyone. I hate to keep referencing to a 10 year old game but that was 2k charm, to acknowledge the differencies of what makes teams "teams" & willing to accurately portray that in the video game. APF was great because you can have a smashmouth hard nosed running team, a finesse like peyton manning-esque team who just airs it out. A balance & don't get me started on creating an identity for Defense. All of that essence is glaringly left out their games. Don't get me started on gameplay. I realize we can't obtain realism, these are only videogames however, we as fan of the sport respect the sport & bought these sports game to give us that rush of the sport we hold dear. When a developer has 10 years of the same mistakes & the same issues & makes no qualm of elevating(I mean with the finished product, not with a verbal). It's unfair to the consumer. Yes we cannot obtain realism in games but at least strive towards to make it as accurate as possible!