Old 06-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #61
BezO
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I would agree with you in general but just not with Madden, you know this exclusive game/situation is a whole other animal. Again, yes, technically anyone buying the game and settling for less is supporting it but if they didn't, it would not matter, imo. If this entire website were committed to asking for core fixes instead of bandaids and didn't buy the game until that happened, Tiburon would just tune us out and focus on their core consumers. Again, the reason I say this is that the vast majority of vocal Madden gamers are in agreement on realistic presentation and player management/franchise elements, yet Tiburon continues to half step those.

I'm just a little surprised to hear this coming from you considering you have actually been to Tiburon and experienced their MO first hand. There have been posts from EAGCs stating that if Tiburon says they won't/can't do a core fix for x, then continuing to harp on it is considered nonconstructive and no need for you to be invited back, ie they tune you out.

Guess we could go on and on but what you see as Tiburon giving gamers the bandaids they are asking for, I see as people just trying to get whatever they can, under the circumstances.
They pay for the exclusive rights with that $60 though. Folks don't like the deal, don't like the game, but fund both. I get folks need their fix, but personally, I had to stay out of the cycle. Supporting a sub par game is not conducive to getting a better one IMO. Neither is choosing from the small pool of available peripheral improvements. I'm trying not to get too far off topic, but imagine this concept in any other aspect of life.

But I also don't believe we are that small of a group. I don't know about you, but I reperesent at least 6 or 7 friends of mine. They don't post on sites, but they feel exactly like I do. And I'm sure there are plenty more that are not represented here. How many current & former highschool & college athletes play this game, wishing it were more realistic?

They did stop inviting me to CDs, so maybe there's some validity to the tune out. But they are adamant about producing a simulation. Who are they talking too? Where do they get their feedback from? If everyone here stuck to glabal improvements over peripheral ones, who would they invite to these events? Who would they rely on for free marketing?

I get that not everyone they communicate with is from OS or are OS types, but it has to start from somewhere. I remember when even constructive criticism of Madden wasn't cool around here. Everytime I said something negative, folks would shoo me away. "Why are you here then?" Then folks started getting invited to CDs.
Advertisements - Register to remove