View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #134
TalenT
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Nice graphics. I agree.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Madden emulating football.

IMO, it's more than animations and a few gameplay mechanics. Every set of animations needs AI. Perfect example of a point I'm trying to make in another thread is the catch animations. All these catch animations in the game that weren't being triggered because the game lacked inaccurate throws. Addressing these peripheral issues just shuffles the problems around.

Folks ask for more catch animations, they put them in. Folks ask for inaccurate throws, they're in. Next year folks might recognize the lack of context for the inaccurate throws & complain about the lack of control.

Another example... our good friend Ian had a spectacular demo of ball carrier footwork back in '09 or so. You could jab, juke... you almost didn't need juke buttons. I wish folks could've seen it. Folks would kill for that footwork THIS gen. But it didn't go in because they had issues with defenders using the footwork properly, over running plays & such. I'm guessing that's why True Step is not in for all 22 players still.

They can't re-tier the defensive playbook because the blocking is tied to the defensive assignments. Think about that. This is the type of stuff I'm talking about when I say the foundation is not there. The game is simply not based on football principles.

All that to say, yes, I disagree with that.
All the things you mentioned above are not the base of the game though bro. Footplanting is tied into animations, blocking is tied into "mechanics", etc....

My point being...it's not like NBA Elite, where they had nothing to work with. They needed to scrap the whole thing and start brand new. With that being said I give up LOL...we'll never agree and that's fine.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0