View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #139
Danbo80
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Madden on psp had a practice squad. I liked Madden 12 rookie system. But instead of unlocking attributes the way we do now. The tangibles should be automatic (speed, strength, etc) we should get a scouting report of guys we scout. No numbers just a general description with strength and weaknesses. Then during the preseason we unlock their actual rAtings. First week we get a letter range so for example this player has a route running grade of b-a. Next week we get a b. Then we get his final number after the third week game is done. Also the ratings need to make sense. No more 70 speed receivers unless we can change their positions to Maybe a te. Then let us change body builds.
I like your Idea, but i'd go further. I wouldn't have full ratings revealed for rookies until after a full season, plus another preseason. This would make users commit to a player instead of trading him after you realize he sucks.

Of course getting rid of the terrible xp proggresion system would be a must. Players get better by working hard, and learning and maturing. Not by me earning points for them.