Old 06-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #49
StefJoeHalt
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
What Ever Happened To THIS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
Not ALL attributes are worthless. A lot of them are broken, and also override other attributes. For example.

Speed is speed, no doubt about it. But if I give a DB 70 speed, and 99 Man Coverage, he will keep with a WR with 99 Speed if he is in man coverage, with the speed threshold on default.

Acceleration does not visually apply to getting off the line as a WR. It just simply increases or decreases how fast they get to top speed. There is no animation for showing a guy with 50 Acceleration, or 99. They all have the same animation regardless.

Kick Return means absolutely nothing for both User and CPU. On CPU returns, all they do is try to truck their way through defenders or spin in a meaningless direction, and NEVER run to the obvious gaping holes.

Trucking also can be worthless, when you have QB's trucking over LB's, or DeSean Jackson trucking safeties.

Pass blocking ratings don't matter much either, because you can put QB's and Punters at Tackle, and they will go through that animation of putting up a fight, trying to block, instead of getting destroyed off the line.

Kick accuracy doesn't matter due to user control.

Every other rating is governed by the sliders.

I agree but disagree based on some of what I posted above..during that same time frame Sm27 came up with acceleration does work.. However at lower ratings..once the rating number get up in the 60-90 u can't see a difference..again this is back 2005ish..it may have something to due animations but this starts to get over my head..he had much better understanding of it...also along the lines of ur thought of 70 speed and 99 man coverage..see Champ Bailey..I know not that extreme but knowledge of routes and coverage ability can over come pure speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 06-26-2014 at 08:12 PM.