Old 06-27-2014, 12:32 AM   #62
ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What Ever Happened To THIS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
So I just ran some tests, and found that lowering Agility to 0 makes the players step more realistically and less herky jerky. BUT, sprinting, and cutting up field gives you the exact same animation as if you were to have 99 agility. The same crisp, hard angled cut, regardless. I also tested setting route running to 0, and it gives a better, more natural look to WR's routes. In other words, the animations just slow down...that's about it. DB's still react to 0 route running the same way they do to 99 though.
This was done on next gen? What do you mean by "setting route running to 0?"
I did a similar test on ps3 Madden 13 and the results were different. I created two WRs with same attributes except for RTR.I then created two identical CBs to cover each. Both WRs ran nearly all routes identical. The animations were not slowed down. The only difference was in what the CB did. For the 99 RTR, the CB did things like that fakeout animation where he runs the wrong way for 5 yards. Mostly the CB was just slower to react to cuts. But for the 50 RTR, the CB matched him cut for cut.

I then edited the corners. One was given 99 MCV and the other 50. The 99 MCV completely shut down the poor 50 RTR. Hell even the curl route versus cover 1 was blanketed. Meanwhile the 99 RTR was having a field day with the 50 MCV. This was with all physical ratings being equal.

I did not do any testing on agility/acceleration however. But I plan on it. Will probably do the same thing and change agility instead of RTR and seeing what impact it has.