View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #106
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
There are multiple players moving at the line of scrimmage and I've even seen the RG motion to the QB to hurry up and snap the ball. The pre and post play animations are one of the biggest improvements I've noticed in the animation department so far. Players are interacting in the huddle, putting arm around each other, talking to each other, hand guesstures, etc.. Little things but it's the little things that people have been wanting to see for years, the way they fixed wind direction, and the way wind affects kicking and passing this year is another example. QB inaccuracies will probably be the biggest game changer IMO. I think that will completely change the way people select their teams, especially in CFM.
About the pre/post play stuff it's better but it's nothing to cheer about, much like the halftime show. I guess some people set the bar for the new Madden based on the previous year's one but I set that bar based on the sports genre as a whole, mainly focusing on other football games. Going by that standard, those minimal real time presentation additions, while better late than never, are years behind and woefully lacking. C'mon man, look how long other sports games have been FULLY doing real time presentation instead of cut scenes, now Madden finally gets some incremental element of this in the 2nd edition of a new console generation but as usual, doesn't flesh it out beyond a handful of areas, yet it's supposed to be some big stride.

I'm all for giving proper credit where credit is due and the proper credit is the real time elements are good to see but need way more fleshing out, which shouldn't take years to complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah Sean Graddy talked about them getting rid of boom boom pow finally in the ign demo. They also have real music playing during the quarter break montage like in real life, which is a nice touch.
I'm not going bother doing much of this in regard to Madden because, really, what's the point but this post, not JP, grinded my gears, lol.

I wonder how many people know that a football game from 2004 on the original Xbox, allowed you to set custom soundtracks and stadium sounds, meaning you could have whatever you want play over the PA, at certain times. I swear sometimes it seems that Tiburon is doing some kind of social experiment with Madden and gamers, collecting data on how people interact with a technologically inferior product, in a limited market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcd9583
Trust me I wish madden played like what I see on Sundays. It would be the best thing that happened to sports gaming. If you played the next gen madden 25 you felt the difference in gameplay from last gen but it was still flawed in so many ways. True step for everyone on the field would of made madden a brad new experience as well as DB/WR interactions. You got a corner on the cover but yet he he won't be equipped with what makes him great in real life in this game. With that being said no game is gonna give you everything in one year it's sorta like when you see a new car model every year they only add one or two new things to the body style. It's like picking up the new galaxy phone or iPhone every year when they increase the speed and upgrade the camera, like I said before it's how they keep ppl coming back it's the way of the world.
I'm sure you didn't mean any harm by this but you certainly caused some to my blood pressure, lol. I don't think any of us have a problem with a company milking every dollar they can out of old tech before releasing their next advancement, like you stated, other companies do it all the time. The issue is that unlike a product like the IPhone or Galaxy, which are fundamentally complete products with room for expansion and though not offering the most advancement possible, are still the best to date the consumer has experienced, no year's Madden is ever fundamentally complete anymore nor is it the best to date in all facets.