View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #121
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Let me get back to you on what Rex said because I know for a fact he didn't say they added suction tackling to make the game easier.
Giantblue76 said something to me the other day that made a lot of sense, in regard to tackling in Madden. If the other defenders actually assisted more, ie swarmed to the ball carrier and could get it on bringing down the ball carrier, tackling in Madden wouldn't seem like as much of a challenge.

I think that's where the gang tackling in ProTak at least offered some merit, allowing for some form a swarming. This seems like yet another area where a lack of animation variety, in this case gang tackling ones, holds Madden back. From a layman's POV it seems that suction is a result of there not being proper animations to trigger account for what's happening, so there is this warping effect. I think people have been saying for years that Madden needs way more attention on transition animations and animations as a whole.
Advertisements - Register to remove