View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #48
jpdavis82
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And the one before that started in 09 and the one before that started in 06.

That's why I don't put much credence to these 3 yr plan crappola's.

Whenever a new regime comes in, a new and improved 3 yr plan is mapped out.

It's all marketing.

I don't judge 3 yr plans, I take it year by year.

PS- Also, Cam Weber came in the middle of 12. Heck, the ideas were already hatched out and the game was already in Beta by then.

I don't really consider 12 Cam Weber's vision of Madden.
I don't really consider the 3 year plans of the past legit. Where was the follow through, what did they build off of? Every year back then Madden felt different and never seemed to go anywhere. Regardless of how you look at it, only now are we seeing the game progress and build off of each title. 13 was the first year Cam was around, but I believe his plan was something that was only possible on next gen consoles. So for 25 to be the first year they started to implement his plan, makes perfect sense. 15 clearly is building off of 25 and 16 will build off of 15. 25 built off of 13, but that doesn't mean they implemented the things that were part of cam's plan then. Going back to Cam's first interview after he was hired, he talked about improving pre and post play animations, 15 is the first time we're really seeing that happen, he also talked about O/D line interactions, 25 was the first year for that. WR/DB interactions are also part of his plan, as are improved player movement animations.