View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #12
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
Come on CM, you know it has to be some other reason other than a logical one. This is Madden were talking about here on OS. It has to be some big elaborate made up conspiracy. What else could it be?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I laughed or at least smirked when I read this because even though you're probably just joking around, that's certainly how it can seem sometimes at a glance. However when looking a little closer it becomes evident that speculation about what the true motives behind x is concerning Madden or EA in general, is because the things they tell us don't logically add up.

In relation to the thread title, off the top of my head I remember two original schools of thought on why EA didn't put out a Madden PC, piracy and sales. I seem to remember EA themselves citing the piracy concerns but like CM stated earlier, the advent of Steam/Origin have made that a none factor for all intents and purposes, yet still no Madden PC.

As far as the "sales" argument, to my knowledge I don't recall EA ever making this claim and it's just as speculative as any EA conspiracy charge because I don't know of any facts to back it up. Like I stated before, I don't recall some drop in PC sales for Madden 2008 from Madden 2007 and considering the new high end PC style development touted for current consoles, the cost benefit for a PC version would presumably be even better now.

All that said, the biggest oddity for me in all this, like CM also mentioned, FIFA is available on PC, so whatever the reason(s) for Madden still not being on PC, how does that or them not apply to FIFA?

All that leads me back to my original point, conspiracy and/or speculation follow Madden and often EA in general, not because most people love to hate on them or they're so fascinating, it's because of a lack of transparency to make sense of the ish they do, lol.