View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #165
goravens2052
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

A primary mark of a good video game - regardless of genre - is that it engages the user and makes the user feel directly responsible for any and all progress over the course of the game. The best way to do this in a game where the user has a real-time gameplay responsibility (i.e. most modern 3D console games) is to link any and all long-game progress to success achieved during short-term core gameplay. This makes the user feel rewarded for that success and encourages the user to keep playing the game. This idea has been proven to work time and time again regardless of video game genre and as I've been over before there are countless examples throughout the history of video games, including team sports games.
I did agree with some of the points in this post but I wanted to specifically talk about the bold. If we can get back on topic of franchise/CCM here, wouldn't you agree that for Madden, NCAA, MLB, etc where you have to build a team through draft, free agency, trades that the feeling of being rewarded is through franchise mode. Long game progress meaning the years it takes, no matter how many drafts it takes to rebuild a team, that reward is finally winning the Super Bowl. You finally win the World Series, you win the NBA Championship, the National Championship, that's the longevity and the award for playing franchise.

Yet it seems EA is content with CCM being 16 Play Now games that in the end, it really doesn't give you that feeling of winning the Super Bowl. Why not do everything to ensure the one mode that gives people longevity and reward actually does that. It's just strange to me that the one mode where you can get that reward and gives the game longevity is neglected.
Advertisements - Register to remove