View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 05:12 PM   #167
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
I did agree with some of the points in this post but I wanted to specifically talk about the bold. If we can get back on topic of franchise/CCM here, wouldn't you agree that for Madden, NCAA, MLB, etc where you have to build a team through draft, free agency, trades that the feeling of being rewarded is through franchise mode. Long game progress meaning the years it takes, no matter how many drafts it takes to rebuild a team, that reward is finally winning the Super Bowl. You finally win the World Series, you win the NBA Championship, the National Championship, that's the longevity and the award for playing franchise.

Yet it seems EA is content with CCM being 16 Play Now games that in the end, it really doesn't give you that feeling of winning the Super Bowl. Why not do everything to ensure the one mode that gives people longevity and reward actually does that. It's just strange to me that the one mode where you can get that reward and gives the game longevity is neglected.
I'm confused as to the question.

The game does in-fact actively reward the player for playing well in CFM games via XP awards to the on-roster players, team coach, and owner avatars, with which players may improve their abilities, coaches can unlock abilities to help players improve faster, and owners can do... heaven knows what, I don't ever touch Owner mode; build a better stadium I guess? This encourages the player to keep playing; his team is getting better, so he can do better against harder teams, at the same time while other teams are acting in the same world also working to build up their rosters.

If we're talking about keeping context with the individual games via commentary and overlays, that's a presentation issue, not a gameplay issue. Still relevant to CFM, yes; relevant to the XP loop conversation, no. I can't speak a whole lot to the presentation of games within CFM because Tiburon turns off all the presentation bells and whistles during online head-to-head games (which I really don't like, but that's another story for another thread), so I've never really seen much of whatever may or may not be there.