View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #108
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I respect that, like you said different strokes. EA's RTP wasn't impressive to me. It wasn't a good enough game IMO for me to want to "lab it up" and experiment with sliders. Imma presentation guy and the presentation was trash that year coming off of 12. I hated the passing game. Sig qb animations all but disappeared. Progressive lighting was worse. Don't and still don't like connected careers. The RTP made everything a sloppy mess, but then again I didn't lab it up, so I respect your perspective.

Lol. I agree 100% that presentation was completely absent from 12 to 13. For me, I want presentation, but if it's not there, it doesn't bother me. I want gameplay first and foremost. Presentation is icing on the cake for me, so I actually didn't notice the lack of it. It is lacking, I just didn't get caught up because I actually was totally impressed with the RTP. First time I SAW the demo, the first words out of my mouth were, 'good god!! This is the same dam# game!!!' Graphically, it looked the same. U mention the passing game. They may have taken away sig QB animations, but for me, what instantly changed my attitude of 13 was the first time I attempted a pass to tony g over a LB and in front of a safety. In EVERY madden from 92-12 I would imagine, this was ALWAYS a superman pick from the LB because madden NEVER attempted to add actual pass trajectories in the game. Well, they finally did in 13, and that alone sold me on it. Seeing a perfectly thrown medium powered pass float over a LB into Tony's one handed grab with a safety bearing down made me smile at a madden game for the first time in years. Lol. Now, the superman pick was there and happened from time to time, but pass trajectories actually existed for the first time in madden. Now, somewhere between updates and the creation of madden 25, they have already lost the trajectories! Lol. They look like they're making a comeback in 15. But, for me, 13 really made a quality attempt at arching passes. And, I agree, connected careers bugged me at first, but I adapted. It basically is franchise if u choose to be a owner. And, yes, the RTP was sloppy, but the actual gameplay (with sliders) was pretty nice IMO, and the after play sloppiness actually made me chuckle quite a bit. Lol. Looks like 15's presentation will be better, and I think they're tightening up gameplay, too. So, hopefully, we can all play a better, certainly NOT perfect, game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk