Old 06-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #18
Ovie832
Banned

Ovie832's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Goodgamebro Madden 25 vs Madden 15: The Difference A Year Makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
I've always thought Tiburon does a pretty good job with the graphic aspect of the game. It is other aspects of the game where they fall short. I mean the game looks great, but the graphics aren't what is holding the game back from greatness. Penalties are a major setback for this game. There need to be more added and the penalties already in the game need to be fixed to work. Clipping needs to be changed to block in the back. I have never heard a ref refer to that infraction as "clipping" . Bring the ability to hit a player after the play back into the game. This used to be in. I think it would be a neat thing to have into the game, especially online, because you could tell when the other player is losing his cool, just like in real life.

I mean the sliders not working, is a huge setback for the game. If they sat down, and said "hey let's do nothing else, but concentrate on what is broken, they would not only receive great respect from the community, but I guarantee they would get back some of the subscriber base they have lost over the years.

EA should listen to the community, and act like they care. It seems like every year they are doing something new with the graphics, It's like putting a 10,000 dollar saddle on a 10 dollar horse. I mean why. NFL 2K5, in my opinion, had sub-par graphics to Madden, but look what it was able to accomplish.

I've begun to wonder if the programmers at EA, don't really have a clue how to fix what is broken "under the hood" of this game. It seems like the only real improvements they have been successful at making are the cosmetic things. My opinion, and this is only my opinion, is that these guys concentrate on graphics, because it is the only thing they can really fix. Everyone, knows that Next Gen Madden is a port, because it has the same legacy issues as the previous gen. Fixing these problems, would require dismantling lines and lines of code compounded over the years. I really think these guys either don't know how to fix Madden in its current state, or just don't have the time to fix the major problems with this title.

Which leaves me to think: If EA truly wanted a great next gen title, why did they stick with Tiburon?
I think the coding and programmers have us all by the balls. Including the gameplay designers and creative people. I've been asking clint and Dustin (equip guru) questions on twitter and get odd answers.

A bunch of people have asked Dustin questions about accessories and stuff.. in particular the arm sleeve.. and he responds alot of the time with 'I am trying to get it in.. we will see'.

What does that mean? Do the gameplay designers KNOW what would make this game better? but the programmers and coders just can't deliver? Why is it so difficult to add an arm sleeve for player customization? It makes no sense. Little things like getting uniform colors right.. and proper accessories seem to take tons of work. I just don't get it