Old 07-01-2014, 12:46 AM   #4
doyce7
Pro

doyce7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New to FIFA games, so some advice is welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamhat1915
Perhaps, but this is exactly the type of information I was looking for, and really helps me out

I didn't even realize there were different variations of that formation. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention. As such, I don't know what type I would want to use.

There's still a lot I need to learn, but I think I'm starting to understand more about what I'm looking for. You've given me the basis of what I need, which I thank you for.

Now, looking at all the formations, there are a lot to choose from. I can tell the obvious differences between some, and which ones seem better suited for attacking or defending, but what are some of the main differences between all of them? But say I wanted a formation that focused on controlling the ball with short passes and shots from the middle of the field. What formation would most be suited for a play style like that?

And looking at the skills, some of them are self-explanatory. However, I am curious as to what the volleys skill and finishing skills are there for. I gather finishing as, like the name suggest, finishing the play/strike, which can result in better chances. Or am I off-base on that? And volleys...well, I honestly have no idea what that is
Well the 4-4-2 diamond is pretty narrow and you can utilize CMs who are usually good a short passing and keeping possession of the ball. Any 4-3-3 really but specifically the false 9 4-3-3 which is what teams like Barca use.

Finishing is pretty much shot accuraccy, higher the finishing the more likely a player is to put the ball past the keeper. Volleys are how good a player is at taking a shot on a ball that is already in the air. A player with low volley stats will likely not be able to keep the ball down and boot it into the stands. Whereas a guy with high volley stats may score on the same play.