View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #18
DrYCeLL
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show: More Improvement Still Needed With Franchise Mode Menus

As has been said a couple of times, franchise mode is absolutely lifeless. If they re-do the menu screens, they should really look into connecting you to the rest of the league. Every meaningful thing that happens during the year is lost to me if it doesn't happen in a game I am playing. Madden, which never seems to do anything right, does a great job immersing you in the franchise by detailing the top news every week, and love 'em or hate 'em, the fake Twitter profiles add a nice dash of immersion as well. Maybe add a milestone watcher to the menus, too, so we can see the active HR leaders, hits leaders, etc, so we can really feel the franchise growing as we play it.

More to the point, some of the boxes become pointless throughout the year, just adding to the clutter. Once the draft occurs and draftees signed(why don't they report to A ball after signing, still? I want to get to work on developing my 98 pot, 54 ovr SP as soon as he signs) at least 3 boxes are worthless for over half of the season. Group all of that into a "scouting/drafting" box, then scouting, sign picks, scouts, etc will all be together, instead of a few tabs away from each other.