View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #205
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
Even with the feature as it was, I'd rather Madden have it than not have it, but requiring the user to hold down the R2 button, while pressing the buttons, to cycle through receivers wasn't necessary, and nor was the actual cone; many thought the cone was an eyesore. I feel feature would've been better received had they simply required the user to press the button once to make the QB look at the receiver, and a second time to throw it.
I have always agree that the actually "vision cone" of the mechanic was what initially turned so many off about it, never really understood why a simple "lit icon" under the receivers within the "vision" of the QB wasn't used instead. That simple adjustment in concert with the double tap would have at least been better received, imo.

That said, the lack of the receivers being untethered from the pass and ball physics was still a core issue in Madden, no matter how well QB vision would've been implemented. I never had an issue with QB skill differential in that other game, even though a better version of QB vision could have possibly been a great addition or compliment to the way that game did it but not a standalone substitute.
Advertisements - Register to remove