View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #208
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Om topic w the QB Vision / Receiver Targeting System: what about the scrambling situation?

If I choose to lock on to my receiver on the right pre-snap - what disturbance, if any, will be caused by me now rolling left?

I appreciate the head-tracking and targeting logic in its entirety and would be in favor of its return - my only concern is how the logic is applied.

I also like the idea BFD alluded to regarding the target being lit up - I liken this to the "open" indicator that is already present. A spotlighted receiver should light up while the others somewhat fade. This would be a tremeandous opportinity for user and cpu defenders to bite or jump on a spotlighted player just as they should when you spotlight a player from the defensive side - the target for the QB actually lighting up would resonate w me more.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
If Madden had a proper base passing system with the receivers untethered from the ball/pass, independent ball physics and ratings modifier parameters, the bold wouldn't be an issue. Just think of basketball games and the way a shot is affected by if the player has their feet set, a defender in their face, etc. The QB vision lit icon would just be a complimentary system allowing for representation of "looking off defenders" and "staring down receivers".