Old 07-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #6
BA2929
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: platoon system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
You'll hit lefties a lot better if you get some lefty assassins. Plouffe from MIN is one of my favorite guys in the game because he plays all over the field and murders lefties, while his numbers vs. righties are just barely passable for the MLB level. So he plays for my weakest hitter vs. LHP, no matter the position.

At C, Derek Norris is also a certified ninja assassin vs. LHP. He's a great guy to pencil in as your C vs. LHP, or to DH vs. LHP if you already have a C who hits lefties.

Those guys are good examples of the way you can generate value for a low price, as each makes less than a million, I want to say (I know Plouffe does). So you can build a roster with 3 guys like that for less than one "complete" player would cost you.

You still need a few good everyday players, but you don't need as many as you'd think. OAK is a good example: Crisp, Donaldson, Lowrie--they play every day. Everyone else gets moved around depending on match ups.
Danny Valencia is a lefty killer as well. And since he played 2nd base this year a little for the Royals, I pencil him in at 2nd on a few off days instead of just 3rd.