View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #111
RACZILLA
Run After Catch

OVR: 13
Re: Why Is Madden Still Not Available On PC At This Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Great post. I just dont know if EA has the incentive to do it. Are there any F2P sports games? If so, how are they structured?
There are definitely games out there, but maybe not a ton with major licenses. 2K for example has a basketball product in China.

I think I agree with the notion that sports games are not huge on PC in the U.S. But for me that leads to more questions. Why? There are definitely a ton of sports fans here, many of whom play games and also likely play games on PC.

I don't have the answer for that but my suspicion is it's more of a matter of the right product as opposed to a limited audience. You may even be able to capture some lapsed sports gamers if the barrier is low enough.

Whether it's football, basketball, etc. I'd just love to see someone start with a basic core game and develop through a strong partnership with their players, who could help determine which features are the most compelling and viable.

It's cool to dream big but start small. I think it's a matter of time before we see someone give it a go.