Thread: platoon system
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #7
royals19
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: platoon system

I'm a big fan of platoons myself. It's a really cost effective move if you're playing with a franchise that doesn't have a massive payroll to roll out a solid everyday player. If you have the right players, then platoons can be considerably effective.

As mentioned above, Oakland isn't very good from a pure talent standpoint but they've managed to be one of the best teams in the league by effectively using platoons and managing matchups.

My franchise this year is with the Cardinals so I don't really make extensive use of the platoon. The only position that I'm trying to find an effective platoon for is at second base. Obviously I want one guy that can hit right handers and another guy that can hit left handers but I really like to have guys with good gloves. I want the transition from player to player in the platoon to be seamless on at least one side of the ball and I prefer defense over offense.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil