View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #42
Jerros
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Yea I thought that was a clutch throw, on the money! I am left to wonder why Sherman pulled up though - if he had not of pulled up he may of very well made a play on the ball.

I love the block shedding by Aldon Smith. Pocket is not compressing but the pressure is there. If there is no pocket compression then we need some insta block shedding to at least hurry the QB of we cannot contain him fundamentally.

That toss play that ended outside left me a bit concerned because I did not see any edge defenders. The back got outside so quickly cause all the LB's seemed to crash the interior of the trench albeit there may have been a mid blitz called.

I am not seeing any heat-seeker tackles nor am I seeing any rediculous shoestring dives. The absense of these lazy tactics is making the tackle and run game look more organic albeit there is still work to be done to introduce more tackling interactions.

Overall, the game still plays like M25 for 360 but it does play noticably better. I am starting to warm up to the visuals but I am yet to see the D really standout in any way that screams, "this is the year of the D!" and that is the most underwhelming takeaway.

While EA may very well miss the mark on actually portraying a mean defensive style gauntlet game it does not takeaway from the fact that the game is improving but I am still deflated by the former point.

The D lacks the soul and it may be due in part to so much focus on making individual olays opposed to championship football that predicates itself on swarming to the ball and playing fundamental team defense.

Sherm did not look clutch in any way. P Willy made a great stop on the screen but the game is still fundamentally wide open for 1v1 user plays which is why it is still like M25 old gen at the core of gameplay.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
One thing I have always hated about Madden is the lack of catch animations. Every receiver seems sure footed 95 percent of the time. Seeing a dive catch is like spotting a unicorn. I was playing APF 2k8 last night and the variety of catches in that game are ridiculous. There are even catches where receivers slide on their knees to make the reception. Receivers falling backwards off balance to adjust to the ball. That's just a small sample of the variety you can find in that game. Also, the illusion of line play in Madden is so frustrating. Watch the videos above of real NFL footage and show me one play where O-linemen simply turn forward looking down field once the defender they were blocking gets past them. Where's the pursuit and continuing to play through to regain their protection in case the qb steps up into the pocket or escapes? Simple o-line logic., where is it? It's been far too many years for these things to not be a given in Madden by now.