Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
NCAA 14 Coaching Dynasty (PS3)

Dynasty Rules
System: Playstation 3
Rosters: I don't remember the name
Difficulty: Heisman
Recruiting Difficulty: Heisman
Sliders: Charter04's Heisman Sliders (w/ small tweaks)

Recruiting Rules
- I must allow all transfers out and accept all transfers in (as long as transfers in don't exceed roster limit)
- I cannot exceed 70 player roster limit through recruiting. Once I hit 70 players, I am no longer allowed to recruit any new players
- I must attempt to maintain home state and at least 2 neighboring states as pipeline states
- I am allowed to recruit any player higher than my limitations if they have my school as #1 before adding them to my list
- I can only offer scholarships if the player has my school as #1 on their list of schools.
- No scouting until after player has signed. Therefore, no recruiting can be done during preseason
(Added at the end of Season 4)
- For 1, 2, and 3* schools, I can only sign recruits 2* higher than my school ranking equal to the number of wins in the previous season. Example, if I am at a 1* school and last season finished 5-7, I can only sign 5 3* recruits.
- Exclusions to recruiting rules only apply when recruit has my school as #1 choice (any ranking), Top 3 (2* higher than school prestige), and Top 8 (1* higher than school prestige)
- I cannot offer scholarships to players of non-need until players of need have all been signed (if I have 3 CBs and 3 QBs on the roster, I must sign 2 more CBs before I can offer any QB a scholarship).

Rules vary based on prestige of school (see below)
1* - Can recruit 1* anywhere, 2* in neighboring states, and 3* in home state
2* - Can recruit 2* anywhere, 3* in neighboring states, and 4* in home state
3* - Can recruit 3* anywhere, 4* in neighboring states, and 5* in home state
4* - Can recruit 4* anywhere, 5* in neighboring and home states
5* - Can recruit 5* anywhere (while maintaining pipelines)
6* - Same as 5*

Coaching Skill Trees Rules
I will not add any skills to my coach until the period between my last game of the season and the beginning of the regular season. I personally dislike some of the power-ups so I don't want to use them, but raising the Skill Tree number raises my coach prestige and allows me to get better offers - at least I believe so.

Scheduling Rules (added after Season 4)
- Non-BCS conference schools must maintain a minimum schedule difficulty of C or C+
- BCS conference schools must maintain a schedule difficulty of A or A+
- Scheduling permitting, out of conference games against teams of equal stature (BCS school vs BCS school, non BCS vs non BCS) must be a home-and-home series
- As a BCS school, winning a conference championship allows for neutral site games to be scheduled next season
- Winning the conference means ALL non conference opponents next season (schedule/schedule difficulty permitting) must also be conference champions.

Coaching Progression Rules (added during Season 5)
I want this to be a slow burn, to see if I can play a 60 year dynasty and make something memorable for not just me but for anyone who views this. So here are the thresholds which I must reach in order to move up in the coaching ranks.

- The first contract must be completed in full, unless fired
- Any contract extensions must be completed at least halfway before accepting any offers (ex. If I accept a 4 year extension, I can't leave for at least two seasons)
- I can only accept a contract extension when there is one year left on my contract
- If I leave for an OC/DC job, I cannot stay in the same conference as previous school
- To accept a head coaching job, I must achieve the following:
1 star school: Finish in Top 40 of total offensive/defensive (depending on OC/DC) ranking nationally
2 star school: Above & Bowl win
3 star school: Above & Conference Championship
4 star school: Above & Finish in Top 25 (both in polls and total off/def ranking nationally)
5 star school: Above & Finish with a Top 25 recruiting class
6 star school: Above & win a BCS bowl game/New Year's Six game
- All rules can be ignored if offer comes from alma mater (Virginia Tech)

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 12-09-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove