View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #3
Knickerbocker91
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA 14 Coaching Dynasty (PS3)

GEORGIA STATE BRINGS IN NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

Atlanta, GA -- Georgia State AD Cheryl Levick announced today that Tyrell Coley will be the new offensive coordinator for their football program. The announcement comes days after the Panthers previous coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski stepped down from his position due to illness. Coley is known by relatively few in the college football circuits, previously employed as the wide receiviers/quarterbacks coach at Virginia Tech.

"It's a honor to be here." said Coley. "I'm glad to be a member of this staff and be a part of a program looking to make history."

Coley was a member of the Hokies football team as a walk-on for three seasons before joining the coaching staff. Under the tutelage and recommendation of Hokies offensive coordinator Bryan Stinespring, Coley will be share playcalling duties alongside head coach Trent Miles.

"There's a lot of pressure to be held with the position this program is in, being a new school in the FBS looking to make a name for ourselves. But the challenge is something I'm sure everyone here is looking forward to."

The Panthers offense returns nine starters to a squad that only scored 17.4 points per game and put the team to a -20 turnover differential in just their third season playing football. The season ended with a 1-10 record, only defeatng FCS opponent Rhode Island. Georgia State has only played nine games in its existence against current FBS schools (3 against Old Dominion, 2 against each South Alabama and UTSA, Tennessee, and Alabama); and are 1-8 in those games.

Georgia State opens the season August 29th at home against FCS opponent Samford.