View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 02:34 AM   #374
goravens2052
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

First off, if EA is going to do roster updates each week, there is no use for cuts in Year 1 of CFM. Turn cuts off in year one, but going into the off-season(Year 2) you can sign up to 90 players, as in the NFL. Now I looked at a calender of events the NFL layed out from last season, notice the cuts.

August 8-11: First Preseason Weekend.
August 15-19: Second Preseason Weekend.
August 22-25: Third Preseason Weekend.
August 27: Prior to 4:00 p.m, Clubs must reduce their rosters to a maximum of 75 players
August 29 Final Preseason Games.
August 31 -- Prior to 6:00 p.m Clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List.

Note the bold being the preseason games, and the cut dates. If EA can't give us 90 players per roster, then at the very least give us a default 75 man roster per team. Then change the cuts to happen following week 3 and week 4, to get us down to 53.

Speaking of the roster. Dipping into Head Coach here but I would like to pick the game day roster of 46. Do you carry more corners, receivers, then if so do you hurt the depth at another position, etc.

Give us a Yearly Calender, similar to what we had in Superstar Mode back in the PS2/Xbox days. This calender will feature all of your key events. considering the NFL announces the Super Bowl years in advance, the calender will give you good depth since the Super Bowls are scheduled through SB LII, giving you a realistic NFL schedule for your first several years in CFM.

*Bonus* Let us Choose the Locations of future Super Bowls.

Now you may laugh and think this isn't a big deal but on the calender should list your players and other players birthdays. Imagine having a guy who is turning 33 prior to the draft who happens to be a free agent. You see that and think, maybe you should draft a guy or do you try to re-sign him. If he doesn't turn 33 until the middle of the season, you can wait until the following draft, etc. I think a player's birthday and knowing when it is gives more strategy as I mentioned above in terms of rebuilding and how you shape your team for the future.