Old 07-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
Dr Death
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: A Few Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher171
Just returned to NCAA 14 and have been enjoying it quite a bit. I have used teambuilder in the past and plan to do so again, creating a team for use in dynasty with a created roster. I did a "dry run" and made a quick team and tried it out.

I have just a couple of questions:

1. The endzone text was very "pixely" for lack of a better word. It wasn't clear and was very blocky. Is this due to a specific font choice or will it always be that way?

2. I was hoping to create a "chrome" helmet, much like the style that Oregon uses. Is there a way to do that? I read somewhere that people use MS paint to create the colors they want, etc. I have no experience with this. I do know how to remove background from a logo, but can I use paint to change the colors as well?

Thanks!
First of all... those are two very good questions... and I will try to help you out as best I can. On the first, yes, the end zones always look "pix-elated" for lack of a better word. Why that is... is totally beyond me...

As for the second question, yes, you can create any custom color you want/need, but you won't - as far as I know - be able to create a chrome helmet.

Which leads me to some things that I want to vent about... Team Builder came out years ago, and in typical EA fashion, they never did one thing to it to make it better. If your logo is big in a horizontal way, you can get some big logos, but if it's big in a vertical way - as in the Chargers lightning bolt or the Vikings horn - you're screwed. The logo is small and looks like crap. And this I don't understand, there are a lot of high school teams using the Vikings/Chargers logos...

As far as the end zone text, again, this is another thing that is unacceptable. That and the fact that your helmet is always so plain - no American flag or NCAA logo, nothing on the flap above the forehead, no numbers on the back... you just get a boring, plain helmet.

Something that could have been so great, but EA just ignored it and let it reside in the town of mediocrity since it came out.