Old 07-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #422
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Apparently not the final build but similar to NBA Elite's demo, a short time before Madden 2006's release, EA Tiburon admitted to starring at blank screens, ie not having a playable game but they proceeded to throw something together in time to release in an exclusive market. So if you don't think EA would have done the same thing with NBA Elite, if they had an exclusive NBA license, I again refer you to what they did with Madden 2006.
I'm not sure what this has to do with anything?

The released version of Madden 2006 was not broken, regardless of quality and regardless how tight the window between having a fully stable build and a gold master. NBA Elite was never released after a broken demo. Madden 2006 never saw a demo, much less a broken one. I'm not sure what else there is to say.

Having unstable builds in-dev happens. I've experienced it first hand; particularly under compressed time schedules, things have a way of breaking in new ways at the worst possible times. Making video games is hard. In-dev instability is not something that should be held against a developer so long as whatever is released to the public is stable.