View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 07:33 AM   #454
hanzsomehanz
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

EA is lucky to of had John Riccietiello on board when their sales were languishing during the transition to PS3 and 360. They better count their blessings re the Ultimate Team communities too.

It was John who shed light on them regarding using the internet as a market for gaming and second: their game quality is not swell and needs polishing.

It was hard for them to accept the reality then, back in '07 as they were contentedly stuck in their ways but John shook them out of the trance.

John's no longer w them and I do not mean to glorify him as a Savior - he did leave some stains and damages they are still trying to repair but wihout him I do not think they would have survived to make it this far.

Along with John's severance pay was the severance owed to 1,000's of other employees which totaled an expense on the Millions - EA also added in the press article that they made these cuts as part of their strategy to lower operating costs which later led to the development of the Egnite Engine.

EA is still trying to break even on past games that did not bring in enough revenue to cover the operating costs.

As someone put it regarding NBA Elite (Live '11), "EA hurt EA."

When EA botched the server delivery for the latest Sims, it stirred the community into a frenzy of fits but there were other fails too like the ending to Mass Effect that was so bad the community complained still when EA released an alternate ending as a DLC.

I am one who firmly believes it is only EA who can undo this exclusivity to the NFL Liscense: not the Madden community nor a competitor.

They want to be the giant on every corner of the gaming market and it is to their own detriment each time they try to butt heads with the other chiefs who have planted flags in their proven markets .

The Madden SIM Community is not a community loud and effective enough to exact the type of change many are looking for, that is my firm belief.

EA is getting burned with lawsuits and are burning their own hands with their poorly delivered products: it will be them who bring their own demise upon themselves at this rate, not the Madden community.

The only whisper of a threat that I do hear could be spurnned by the Madden Community is a lawsuit on how EA conducts busines in the Ultimate Team mode from a gambling POV.

If EA loses that baby or their UT baby suffers an attack: that could certainlly spell disaster for EA Sports and EA as a whole as Framchise and Single Player Offline is no longer a pillar for their three Sports pillars: NBA, FIFA and Madden but Ultimate Team is the one pillar and gluttonous cash cow.

It would be devastating for anyone to put a mark on the UT mode which drives so much pure revenue for them and helps to offset the decline in sales.

Well, if the UT cow gets gutted: I hope they don't cry over the spilled milk.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 07-07-2014 at 07:38 AM.