Old 07-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #1158
BezO
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This is the first next gen title, smallest leap forward? The game has advanced more in core gameplay from 25 to 15, then it did from 06-12. How can I say that you ask? well because from 06-12 the game never built off of the previous title. There were a lot of improvements made in gameplay like another year of improving blocking, that aren't back of the box features, so until you play it you wont be able to tell. many of you didn't see the improvement from 25 gen 3 to gen 4 until you played it right? This year I predict that feeling will be much stronger.This was even a short cycle too, remember 25 was released in November on gen 4. 16 will be a bigger jump than this. 15 is the turning point for Madden.
I disagree that the game has improved more from 25-15 than 06-12. '06 might be the worst madden ever. From that through '10 is the bigges improvement IMO.

It's been the same segmented approach with this new team. The physics engine looks about the same, maybe less impactful since its implementation. True Step looks untouched since its implementation. Outside of graphics & presentation, I'm seeing very little of the improvements listed for '15.

I think Big nailed it here. With the core coding firmly in place, I wouldn't guess there was as much turnover at EA/Madden as there has been. Knowing what I know, the change from Ortiz & them to Ian & Co was more noticable to me. My guess is that we won't see much change until the real coders are replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This is from the OS interview with Rex regarding WR/DBs

OS: Will we see more jostling for position/hand fighting from the offensive and defensive players on pass plays?

RD: Due to the impact of the overhauled coverage AI, you will see defenders in much better position to make plays on balls. This includes jostling for position and aggressively moving towards the catch point. We definitely have some major plans around WR/DB interaction coming in the near future in addition to the great work that has been done this year.
Hopefully this has been "turned off" in released vids, because I'm not seeing any of this. I know, I know, next year is THE year.