Old 07-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #39
StefJoeHalt
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Subjectively, this present Madden era speaks volumes to this point: it is prevalently easy for even non-scramblig QBs to rollout to the sideline and sit their idle for a receiver to come open - even if you flare command your dline to rush wide or spread them and contain command them to collapse the tackles.

Having to set a QB contain for even non-scrambling QB types who immediately beeline to the sideline is a problem he is fessing up to - a crisis he did not create but is working to cool those coals.

While most QBs like Brees don't even have the legs Vick had and as a result don't partake in the full fruit basket like he did by virtue of this very limitation: they still have free reign to the sideline almost without fail every snap void of a contain.

Is there a greater underlying problem? I appreciate that he is addressing the QB Contain mechanic head-on.

In my view, this mush rush is a viable engage:disengage mechanic for the CPU, similar to what the user will be able to use manually.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Hanz I am normally 110% behind everything u say..however this time only 50% lol..here is why I say that.. he is admitting to the issue which u clearly pointed out..but insist of fixing the main issue.."pass rush in it self" u have to bandaid it (kind of like if a windshield wiper brakes and insist of fixing it u just bend it back so it doesn't touch the glass) I understand the contain rush is something nice to have now or work better now..but fix how the linemen play..there is no speed to the rush itself..also adding true rush mechanics, speed to the rush, true stunts, rush lanes, and true OL player movement would eliminate the problem except when u have a guy like Vick or etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 07-08-2014 at 08:48 PM.