Old 07-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #41
hanzsomehanz
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 15 Feature Focus QB Contain

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Hanz I am normally 110% behind everything u say..however this time only 50% lol..

That is charming lol

here is way say he is admitting to the issue which u clearly pointed out..but insist of fixing the main issue.."pass rush in it self" u have to bandaid it (kind of like if a windshield wiper brakes and insist of fixing it u just bend it back so it doesn't touch the glass) I understand the contain rush is something nice to have now..but fix how the linemen play..there is no speed to the rush itself..also adding true rush mechanics, speed to the rush, true stunts rush lanes, and true OL player movement would eliminate the problem except when u have a guy like Vick or etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To avoid the run of the mill responses to these bandaid claims: lets first acknowledge that Madden is a cyclical product and is part of the toy sector - not all toys are made for all ages.

With the above in mind, we can see how the current team under Rex has been progresssing as a cycle:

#1 on topic: the pass rush has improved noticeably in respect to intensity and interactions as a whole on the new consoles compared to the old.

If we treat this product like a car then we should also believe in rites of passage and as such we should have the written test come before the road test.

If Rex and Co. went gunho and threw it "all in" in one cycle they would credibly overwhelm all of us and so we have got to atleast respect the principle of cycles if not their accomplishments within these cycles.

Teach pocket presense opposed to just throwing us all into the pocket of fire and having us scream for holy water - a superstar QB in the NFL usually develops this trait from Secondary School up.

#2 on topic: varied QB Inaccuracies are part of the solution and are touted to be implemented.

If M15 had the fiery pass rush we are asking for coupled with the QB Inaccuracies: we would again all be overwhelmed.

In my view: Rex and his crew are easing the novice users into a more simulated NFL enviornment that requires more NFL like decision making and thus outcomes.

We need those who are rough in the ways of practicing professional Football (the majority) to be trained into the disciplines of the game much like you would give your kid training wheels for their first bike ride and then in their teens introduce them to drivers Ed courses.

Education and Simulated In-Game Drills: They go a long way.

I remember how brilliant I was in Madden 05 and 06 due to the mini camp drills that I would lab religiously: they worked because of their application to the in-game enviornment.

These drills go a long way in supporting the simulation factors that you and I are yearning for.

I know within myself that I am no grade A QB and I am in no way conditioned to be effective in the pocket should I be facing 3-4 man heat in under 2 seconds on a consistent basis and add to it that my passing tool is receiver target system that is untethered and requires I target that target before I can throw to that said target and add to that that my QBs accuracy window is stymied by pressue and tight coverage.. ya.. I would crumble real quick and I would have as much fun as David Carr did in his final years as a Texan.

Does the church agree with what you are lamenting over? Absoultely! But even the biblical savior took forever to arrive to his people and when he did finally arrive: many of the people did not recognize him nor did they recognize the time for their salvation had come: for their savior was not ordained like the kings and priests of their time.

When the long awaited, long promised product of Madden finally manifests, if it ever does: many folks will not see it and many will still reminisce over their wants for past football videogame titles and past leaders and even still some will crucify that same appearance out of their own hearts sake.

Even after the biblical savior arrived and passed: there was still many more works to be done to spread the gospel.

I do not have a Madden gospel to share but I do bid Rex and the crew godspeed and would not wish to see their talents go wasted by any supposed corrupt leadership above them that does not endorse sound game designs and sound business practices.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove