View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #123
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

I messaged Clint about one of the issues we were seeing in the videos for war in the trenches.

Quote:
Chuck ‏@tazdevil20 9h
@ClintOldenburg Something to work on - OL quit when they get beat. Looks kind of silly. They just stand there. Patch maybe? Thx

Clint Oldenburg ‏@ClintOldenburg 4h
@tazdevil20 not anymore they don't. Also something done in M15. No patch needed. You're welcome.

Chuck ‏@tazdevil20 37m
@ClintOldenburg :-). I take it this was fixed post e3? That will improve things greatly if so. Thanks man

Chuck ‏@tazdevil20 17m
@ClintOldenburg Reason I ask is because this was happening in all of the videos released for M15 still. Realize you are still fixing stuff

Clint Oldenburg ‏@ClintOldenburg 4m
@tazdevil20 all the videos you've seen have been quick with sacks.But we addressed that this year. This is why I hate grading on video alone

This is what is so frustrating because in the videos (all of which we have seen), are not only quick sacks. We saw gameplay video from E3 and you could clearly see O Lineman getting beat on the play and just standing there letting the guy run by unabated to the QB. The implementation seems to not line up with what Clint is saying. I would love to be proven wrong here. Also, simply chasing the pass rusher is not all that's needed. How about pulls, grabs and attempted shoves - basically a lineman struggling to catch up. I would also be curious to know how many "beat" animations there are. There doesn't seem to be many.