Old 07-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #133
BezO
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 15 - War In The Trenches 2.0 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
See, I agree but here's my problem with this logic. How do you get at least a third of consumers, a majority being MUT fanatics, to not buy Madden? I mean, even if you get the majority of OS to speak with their wallets, that's nothing to the millions they'd sell anyway.
You nor I have to get anyone to do anything. Folks unhappy with the game have to recognize the condradiction of funding a product they don't like.

But I don't want to derail the thread.

I'm not feeling the War In The Trenches. It SOUNDS good. But once I see it, it's the same win/lose scenario, with more controls. Nothing in between, no struggle, no attempts to recover. Everything is still based on engaging 1st. They talk about speed rushers but don't show speed rushing. They are confusing speed & finesse.

I did see 1 instance of an AI teammate doing something new. Packers DT collapsing the pocket at 1:21. Very nice!

The steering looks good. It's the best feature I've heard about so far. If it's implemented well and non-user controlled players use it regularly, and in the correct context, sweet! But none of the vids show this thus far. Hopefully it can be tuned.