View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 12:04 AM   #1174
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

I kind of started feeling some of this new stuff, that is until a went to Twitchtv tonight to look at M25 PS4/Xbox1 being played. I'm just not buying any of these claims about fundamental change, even over the last three years. Granted there are some things that are aesthetically football better but there is nothing there of any consequence to change the way the game is played, to be successful.

I think if we look back at the way gamers were able to successfully freestyle in Madden 2006 PS3/360 and compare it to the same type play in Madden 25 PS4/Xbox1, it's essentially unchanged. It's pointless to add supposed football upgrades that can just be ignored to play however a gamer wants to and still be successful. Think about all the new and improved features they claim to add every year that are supposed to do x but somehow they manage to not change the way anyone chooses to play the game.

Every year there is some claim pre-release about "no more doing x and getting away with it, you're going to have to play smart football this year", only to see an infinite number of Youtube videos popup shortly after release, doing the same arcade bs that's be going on since forever. Spare me the "every game has exploits" stuff please, because I'm not talking about gamers labbing for hours to find glitches and AI exploits, I'm talking about the average Joe quickly finding their comfort zone, doing the same stuff with the new edition they did with the previous years. How many times has it been claimed that you can no longer run backwards with the QB, rollout sideline to side, footwork matters, etc, yet once the game is out, the same things still work. With the exception of the QB Vision, I can't think of any supposed feature or upgrade to the passing game that changed the way anyone chooses to play QB.

I'm not criticizing how gamers choose the play the game, they should be able to play however they see fit but there should be some way, at this point, to set gameplay parameters where any and every thing can't be successful. Madden doesn't have the options or settings to create that virtual football world, instead gamers that want more realistic play have to make "house rules" and police each other in leagues and it's beyond absurd at this point. There is no valid excuse for Madden not to have a factory "sim" setting or for All Madden to be that setting, where the game is programmed by Tiburon to be played as realistic as possible for success.

I wish they would add someone or a small team, similar to how they do with MUT, where their job is to create a factory setting/game play mode that's as realistic as the game will allow. Hell, I'd even pay a couple dollars to get that mode as a DLC and User access to applicable dev sliders, that way their precious Madden purists, wouldn't even have to have the mode in their game.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 07-11-2014 at 12:39 AM.