Old 07-11-2014, 03:25 AM   #4
KBLover
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Stopping the big inning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadlerT
I believe it's all about strategy. I don't think this has ever been discussed, but maybe the game is coded where if you leave your starter in too long or put in the wrong reliever than the games are scripted to give a big inning? Idk, it actually sounds stupid as I say it, but who knows?

Fatigue is a factor - pitches lose velocity and probably movement as well as location as a pitcher hits tired and eventually exhausted status.

Not to mention the confidence meters. As a pitcher gets pushed around, his confidence falls (both in pitches and overall), tending to cause things to continue to spiral out of control. It works both ways (i.e. you can do the same to the CPU pitchers), but I think it's overdone and it's slanted against the user (even with 0 consistency for the CPU, the user's pitchers will lose confidence much more sharply and regain confidence much more slowly than the CPU pitchers).

L/R match-ups can matter too, but that's more considering the splits of the hitters since pitchers don't have splits for some reason.