View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #8
Knight165
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Stopping the big inning

Like eF...it's just the way it goes I believe...and......I think it's perception a lot of the time.
Remember the horrid outing where you are totally pissed off....while putting the times that the SP or pen put the fire out on the back burner.
It's easy to do that.

Last night in my second game of the evening....I had Niese going for the Mets.

He was pitching well....but the Mets couldn't make a 3-0 lead hold...and it was tied in the 8th. I brought in Ike Davis for a defensive sub in the 6th or 7th on a double switch(Niese was spent) and he wound up hitting a Grand Slam his next turn at bat.
Going into the ninth...with my pen depleted due to a long stretch and using 2 RP's already...I went with Edgin and the 7-3 lead. Seemed safe.
Edgin gave up a hit and 2 BB's...and I'm thinking....uh-oh...uh-OH!..here it comes!
Marte-Polanco and Cutch up with the bases loaded no outs.
Parnell(my CP....stop laughing) was out of the picture...he had pitched the previous two games...(and he recovers terribly slow) and is shaky.....he's really just my CP in name at this point...I go with who's hot

A mound visit.....Marte pops out......a fly out to short LF(no tag) for Polanco....I bring in Mejia and he K's Cutch to end it.

Ask me a week from now about it...I won't remember...but if Polanco singled and Cutch homered!.....stuck in your head.

Now also keep in mind that bad teams...will have a lot more sticking!

M.K.
Knight165