View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #374
Birdman85
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
My fix to the lack of custom draft classes
At the begining of each season in madden, it always used to ask if you would like to import your draft class from NCAA. Clearly that is no longer an option. I used to love playing Dynasty Mode in NCAA specifically to create real recruits, watch them go to whatever team, have a nice career, and then graduate or leave for the draft so I could later look at drafting them to my team in my madden dynasty.

With it no longer being an option, I feel like there are a few ways EA could go about getting draft classes that mean something back to Madden. However, I feel like there might be an even easier way for the fans to make their own realistic draft classes.

Remember when EA had the specific team builder website for NCAA? It was a nice fix to not having FCS schools in the game, and it allowed for us to create old teams and random teams like Blue Mountain State. It was easy and fun to use. I think Madden needs to do something along these lines for a create a team (but that is for another time), but more importantly, allow us to create draft classes.

Imagine how easy and cool it would be to start with a random draft class template that would be presented the same way the free agency in madden is. That way you can flip through by positions, and organize it based on overall ranking, speed, strength and all of that.
The website would have roughly 300 random generated players that you could manually go in and edit each prospect, or just a couple of the big names.
Granted not everyone would want to do the work for that, but it would be used the same way roster sharing on NCAA would be used. If someone made all 300 players to the exact detail and shared it with the entire Madden community, think of how much more in depth people would get with their draft.

With the 300 players, and only 256 draft picks, that would leave more than enough room for (drum roll)..... undrafted free-agents!

Some of the things that would be editable could be:
Profile Picture- If your guy has dreads, and is represnted by a bald guy, what is the point? Put a real picture as if they were already in the game
Bio- Change the name, age, college, hometown
Appearance-Height, weight, size, build, skin color, hair, equipment
Ratings- Pretty black and white. Edit the players ratings to what you feel most closely ressembles that player.

I have accepted that this feature probably wont be in Madden 15, but all I can do is hope that EA has something planned like this planned for down the road.
Did you forget who you are asking this from? If they knew that simple could be better, every game on the PS3/360 wouldn't suck. They have to "improve" everything by taking away the good stuff and replacing it with negatives