View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #47
DNMHIII
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
It's not just the younger demographic that's a potential new customer for the game. The average gamer is about 30 years old. Take out handheld devices such as the iPhone and that number jumps to 37 years. Madden at best sells single-digit millions of units a year, whereas more successful console games such as Grand Theft Auto V have sold as many as 30 million units worldwide.

There are plenty enough potential customers for Madden of all ages who just flat-out do not know how to play football to justify this feature for any age group.

My point was that creating an arcade type mode with silly games to teach people football is perfect for targeting children not adults. I don't see 30+ gamers buying Madden and investing much time in that mode, but children may actually only play that mode because it might be funner for them than calling plays and trying to play full games without all the arcade style stuff they might be used to in other games they play.

I addition, adults that do invest time in that mode to get them comfortable/hooked on football might be as disappointed as a lot of us that the players just don't move properly/react properly/look properly and the game just feels flat and boring after one release and never buy it again.

I just think EA has a great opportunity to build the success of their title with a solid long term approach that targets children or adults not familiar with football skills and at the same time continue to improve the quality of the game. Based On the entire last gen cycle I feel like the Madden direction at times has been extremely questionable and if you look at the advancement/progression in quality made to actual gameplay over the course of the entire last gen through the first release of next gen it's completely laughable IMO.