View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #64
bucky60
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madde

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
No. I was speaking in the general case. I never mentioned you. I'm not sure how you could have possibly interpreted my statement as an affront.
You said Fun doesn't require realism. I say that's very subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Yes, fun is subjective. For you, "fun" requires realism. Based on the popularity of dozens of other games in sci-fi, high fantasy, medieval, and steampunk settings, plenty of other people do not share that definition.
Did you seriously just compare things that don't actually exist and are based on fantasy (sci-fi, fanatasy, medieval), to things that actually exist (sports)?

Of course things based on fantasy doesn't require realism. Last I checked traveling to other planets in spaceships to meet aliens doesn't actually exist. So of course those genres aren't going to be based on realism. You're trying to make comparisons between incredibly dissimilar genres.

I'm talking about SPORTS games. Based on something that actually exists. Specifically Madden. Why are you even mentioning genres so totally unrelated to Madden on a Madden board?